tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Suresh Akula" <sk_ak...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem in writing my own web application??????
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:36:45 GMT
I am very new to tomcat. I am trying to write a web application and deploy
it on tomcat. I am failing to do so in various forms:
My web application is an applet GUI which has two textfields and
button..once u enter data onto 1st textfiled and press the button the
request goes to servlet and the servlet sends back the data along with some
appened value and displays it onto the second textfield of the
html(applet)page.This is something like applet to servlet communication.
i want to deploy this servlet as web component onto tomcat. I modified the
server.xml(configuration file ) and added the following code

        <Context path="/testbasicservlet" docBase="myownservlet"
	 	 	   debug="0"  reloadable="true">
          </Context>
Also i changed $tomcat_home/webapps/myownservlet/web-inf/web.xml(deployment
descriptor file) to

<web-app>
    <welcome-file-list>
       <welcome-file>/servlets/helloservletone.html</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

i have servlets and web-inf directory under
$tomcat_home/webapps/myownservlet

So when i run http://localhost:8080/testbasicservlet i am able to see
helloservletone.html page but this html page is not able to load the java
applet which has GUI in it.the source code for this html file is

<h1>Applet to to Servlet Communication</h1><br>
<applet code = "AppletThread.class" width = 400 height = 400 name = a3 align
= left>
<param name = abc value = a4>
</applet>

ths helloservletone.html brings up empty gui applet(it ddoesn't load
appletThread.class which has GUI) I donno where to place applet class file
and servlet class file in tomcat server.since my gui doesn't come up i am
not able to test the servlet functionality. It is sort of difficult to put
in word my problem. if it is clear can anyone please let me know how to do
this
Thanks Much in advance