tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Vanspall" <st...@crmsoftware.com.au>
Subject RE: jvm monitoring
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 23:50:31 GMT
try netbeans,

http://www.netbeans.org/nonav/index2.html

I didn't use it for that purpose, but another developer of ours did.

Thiss requires that you set your jvm to debug

it sounds like there is an infinite recursion of iteration in your code.

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent Michenaud [mailto:lmichenaud@adeuza.fr]
Sent: Friday, 12 April 2002 11:45 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: jvm monitoring

Hi,

We 've got problems with our application running under Tomcat-3.3.1
with IBM JDK 1.3.1.
Memory is growing until it crashes( not enough memory exception ).
We have modified the parameter -Xms and -Xmx but it has not changed
anything.

We think the problem comes from our application.

We are searching for a mean of monitoring the objects, instances, heap
size,
garbage collector,.... in the JVM.

Do u know any tools to do that ?

We have tried jprofiler but it does not show the objects created in the
different
context.

Michenaud Laurent
- Adeuza -
[ Développeur Web - Administrateur Réseau ]