tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael" <tom...@meinsenf.at>
Subject Re : Re: urlencoded session html-redirection-bug
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:55:02 GMT
>When you encode the url, the first time the jsessionid is attached to the
>URL,
>but if your browser have cookies enabled, a cookie is assigned and the
>jsessionid parameter
>is not shown anymore.

thanks for your comment - but this isn't the problem!
to handle the first-time URLencode after session-creation, I redirect (302) to the same URL
with a QueryStringParameter "FirstAccessSession" - in this request I now see, if the Session
is obtained by cookie or by URL! I do another redirect to the (now correctly) urlencoded URL
(of course without the "FirstAccessSession"-Parameter). This URL now has the sessionid encoded
in its URL only, if the browser doesn't support cookies!

My problem:
I have a browser with cookies disabled - a html-redirect like
is misunderstood by many browsers (NS 4.x, IE5.x, IE6 ...) because of the second ";" before
jsessionid!
the "signature" of the html-redirect-"function" is (int delayInSeconds;String redirectURL)
separated by a ";"!
The second ";" makes the browsers believe: here the URLString ends - but this isn't correct!
The browser is redirected to the URL without encoded sessionid - and so looses its session!!!

so how to make a HTML-redirect with URL-encoded sessionid?

thanks
michi