tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jordan C N Chong" <ch...@cs.utwente.nl>
Subject Local Directory Access using Tomcat 4.0 (SORRY TO REPOST)
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:36:04 GMT
Dear all,

I am really really sorry that I have to repost the question cause I really
couldnt find any solution for that. I really wish there is someone out there
could help me me out here...

I wish to render the Tomcat 4.0 to access my local directory, what I mean
is, I store some files in a directory, and that I could use servlet to
download these files. I have tried to do the following:

FileInputStream file = new
FileInputStream("C:\\Inetpub\\content\\test.txt");

or replace the "\\" with File.Separator, but the Tomcat 4.0 keeps
complaining that the directory is not accessible. I presume I have to do
some modification on the server setting or configuration, but I have no idea
at all how to proceed.

Please help. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Jo