tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Subir Sengupta <su...@walmart.com>
Subject RE: SystemErrLogger and SystemOutLogger
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:43:32 GMT
By default SystemErrLogger and SystemOutLogger go to logs/catalina.out,
unless you changed the name of the output target in the bin/catalina.sh
script from catalina.out to something else.  This is explained in the docs
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/logger.html

Hope this helps,
Subir

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Diggory [mailto:mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 3:22 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: SystemErrLogger and SystemOutLogger

I was trying to push all tomcats logging up into a different directory
than /var/tomcat4/logs for our log managment purposes.

I see I can set directory attributes on all FileLoggers but not on the
default SystemErrLogger and SystemOutLogger.

Is there a simple way I can do this? I like the way the temp directory
has becaome configurable in /etc/tomcat4/conf/tomcat4.conf. Having this
in there as well would be cool too.

-Mark Diggory