tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikkel Lindhard ...@back-bone.dk>
Subject problem with large servlets( classes )?
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2002 08:30:47 GMT
We are having a "not so fun" problem with the size of our controller servlet
class loaded( could be file size, could be other size problems )
basically were getting this error when adding one more line of code( of any
kind ) in our controller servlet:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: "ServletName", method: "function" signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRespo
nse;)V) Illegal instruction found at offset "XX"
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:268)

We stumpled across this error, but that isnt the case in our situation so i
guess something else can trigger this error.
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4223705.html

the servlet is around 93 kb compiled now and works.....

setup:
Tomcat 3.2.1
JDK build 1.3.1_02-b02
Win2k Server

thanks in advance
Mikkel

-------
[Denne E-mail blev scannet for virus af Declude Virus]
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]