tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Morelock <subscripti...@phillipmorelock.com>
Subject Re: Servlet killing tracking
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:10:30 GMT
fair enough.  some response questions in light of the new information you've
provided:

1) what exactly does your servlet depend on in int() and destroy() that is
so vital?
2) i asked this before but it probably wasn't clear:  does Tomcat never
re-init the servlet once it's been destroyed?  if it does not, i can see
that being an inescapable crash/problem.  if it does re-init it (thereby
hanging only one request or whatever) then can you get around it by
refactoring your design to minimize the impact of a destroy() call?

another suggestion i have would be to try to replicate the environment
precisely (since you seem to have a lot invested in this particular
configuration / architecture) on a network / machine that you have more
control over.  That way you can try to reproduce the problem and you'll have
better access to the debug data, ps -aux, etc.

cheers
fillup