tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Owens <sha...@portablehole.net>
Subject Re: Redirecting to a home page after form-based authentication
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:09:57 GMT
As far as I know - you cannot do this while using the default
container-based form authentication. Tomcat's form authenticator stores
the original request, and then redirects to it once the user is
authenticated. In other words, you'd have to override tomcat's default
behavior. (This is the same kind of problem I've been having...)

If you need to do that, you might have to subclass FormAuthenticator.
However, I'm not sure how to tell Tomcat to use your class... Maybe
someone else knows?

-Jason