tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Lindgren <ste...@datakultur.com>
Subject Configuring ISP with virtual hosting
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 05:51:47 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having some problems getting a proper ISP setup with
Tomcat/Apache/Virtual hosting. Hopefully some can guide me/correct me:).

1. I need all customers to have a own setup. I have defined
CATALINA_BASE for every user and in that dir a server
structure(webapps/logs e t c)
2.  In the virtual host directive I point all requests to a separate
port:

####### Java ####################
JkWorkersFile /XXX/JavaConfig/workers.properties
JkLogFile /XXXX/JavaConfig/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel debug

<VirtualHost "some IP adr">
   ServerAdmin hostmaster@XXXXXX.com
   DocumentRoot /some/dir
   ServerName www.XXXXXXXXX.com
   JkMount *.jsp ajp13://java.XXXXXXXX.com:23002/
   JkMount /servlets/* ajp13://java.XXXXXXXX.com:23003/
</VirtualHost>

As I understand it that should be it. Then there should be a server.xml
file that answers to that port and a corresponding application in
webapps. Right?

Is this correct or is it a better way of doing this?
Does someone have a good example setup URL?

Regards
/stefan