tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Animesh Chaturvedi - US <anime...@allegronetworks.com>
Subject Tomcat & HTTPS
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 04:28:26 GMT

Hi

I am using JSSE for HTTPS through Tomcat. Every time I point my browser
through HTTPS it takes about 35 seconds for the certificate to pop up. Its
really slow.
I have also tried using Apache for HTTPS. Through Apache it is fast, but I
do not want to have the overhead of using Apache.

Has anybody tried integrating Tomcat with OpenSSL??

Tomcat takes a lot of time to come up, about 2 minutes. Is there a way this
time can be reduced significantly or use a trimmed down Tomcat.
I have used Resin its really very fast and comes with support for OpenSSL,
but its not free.

Animesh