tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Animesh Chaturvedi - US <>
Subject RE: Question about "Tomcat-Apache HOWTO"
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:08:27 GMT
the document you are pointing to, is for old version of Tomcat. Which
version of Tomcat are you using??

-----Original Message-----
From: Cheng Yan []
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 1:05 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Question about "Tomcat-Apache HOWTO"

According to an article "Tomcat-Apache HOWTO" on :

When Tomcat starts up it will automatically generate a configuration file
for Apache in TOMCAT_HOME/conf/jserv/tomcat-apache.conf. Most of the time
you don't need to do anything but include this file (appending "Include
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/jserv/tomcat-apache.conf") in your httpd.conf.

However, when I start tomcat on my machine, everything seems fine except
that I do not see file "tomcat-apache.conf". I assume that TOMCAT_HOME is
the same as CATALINA_HOME, right? I don't even see a subdir call jserv. Is
this normal?

BYW, my machine is ultra-sparc 1 running Solaris 8. I can visit
http://localhost:8080, though. And there are only following files under my

% cd $CATALINA_HOME/conf
% ls

Could someone explain it to me? Thanks.