tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kareem Gad <k...@dubai.gov.ae>
Subject IIS configuraion with tomcat
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:26:30 GMT
Dear Sir/Madam,

I know my question would sound a little lame because i'm sure this issue has
been addressed a million times before I onlycame to use tomcat just recently
.. i have been using Orion Application server for development for like over
a year now so i am experienced with webservers.

Now what i wanted to do is do the configuration of Tomcat with IIS and i
followed your clear HOW-TO guide and got the examples to run ( both JSP's
and servlets ).

Now when it comes to deploying my own JSP's and servlets something seems to
be wrong i can't get the configuration right .. the servlets aren't accessed
correctly.

1. when i access the application i installed on tomcat directly from tomcat
i am able to access the servlet and it's executing.
2. when i access the pages thru the IIS i get a 405 resource not allowed
error. so i understand that the ISAPI detects me trying to access something
in the WEB-INF folder and stops that ( out of security or something ) .

I'm sure i'm not getting things straight with my uriworkermap.properties , i
want to know if i have to put an entry for each folder containing JSP's or
is it sufficient to put my basefolder for the application followed by
"/*.jsp" and same thing for servlets.

I would be really glad if someone can send me a sample of conf files for
settings of another application deployed on tomcat other than the examples
and clear things out for me regarding why my servlets aren't being accessed
from the IIS calls ( i have the green arrow pointing upwards for the isapi
redirector and the servlets from the examples are running when i call from
IIS )

I'd be very glad for your help.

Regards,
Kareem Gad