tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Tomcat 3.1.1
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:37:53 GMT
Hello ayuda,

You should seriously consider upgrading from Tomcat 3.1.1.  It is
ancient and you won't find a whole lot of support for it.  Move to
tomcat 3.3.x or 4.x.x.  If you have questions when using those
products, you will probably get some useful response from other users.

Jake

ateec> Hi guys! I'm pretty new to this environment, so be gentle.  My server runs
ateec> on Apache 1.3.22 with Tomcat 3.1.1 to handle jsp.  The problem is that every
ateec> other day, sometimes every day, it gets "hung" or "frozen".  The user trying
ateec> to access my pages will only get the standard windows page which states that
ateec> the page could not be accessed, after a while.  I use a service that
ateec> "monitors" my site, they called it a "Time-Out" Error.  Have any of you ever
ateec> encountered this problem?  Any suggestions on what to look for?  I have been
ateec> reading jasper.log and can not figure out a pattern, so as to "blame"
ateec> anything in particular.  By the way, I'm not a programmer but can work
ateec> around some stuff.

ateec> Thanks!

ateec> --
ateec> To unsubscribe:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>