tomcat-users mailing list archives

From G.Kers...@comlink.org
Subject Reloadable: reloads also JSP pages?
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:59:00 GMT
Hi, a detail I haven't yet found, neither in the archives nor in the user-
guide: Does the "reload" attribute in context not just control reloading of
servlets, but also recompiling of JSP pages?

I observed that behaviour with "reload=false", i.e. the users still got the
old version of changed JSP pages. Thus I switched back to "reload=true",
although this isn't recommended for production sites. Our site has frequent
changes of JSP pages, but servlets are updated rather seldom. Is there any
other switch to control recompiling (or caching) of JSP pages?

Gerd Kersten