tomcat-users mailing list archives

From G.Kers...@comlink.org
Subject SecurityManager: write access on webapp?
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2002 12:57:00 GMT
Hi, I've activated tomcat.policy by starting Tomcat 3.3 with "-sandbox".
Read, write, and delete access for any folder follow the permissions I grant
in tomcat.policy.

But without granting anything, I have not just read access to my webapp dir
(which is located outside the Tomcat directory structure), but also write
access -- which is exactly that I intended to block by using the
SecurityManager. At least, delete requests are blocked by SecurityException.

A bit puzzling. We use JDK 1.2.2 on Solaris 5.8. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gerd Kersten