tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Question about "Tomcat-Apache HOWTO"
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:32:35 GMT
mod_jserv is decprecated for use with Tomcat 3.3.x and
isn't supported at all for Tomcat 4.x.  I would recommend
using mod_jk instead.  It is better automated and better
documented.

Because it is deprecated, the entry in conf/server.xml that
would generate tomcat-apache.conf is not present by default.
To restore its generation, add the following line after
the <ApacheConfig ...> entry:

    <JservConfig forwardAll="true" noRoot="true" />

For details on the attributes, see:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/serverxml.html#JservConfig>

Unlike the other configuration files which are written on
demand, the tomcat-apache.conf configuration file will be
written each time Tomcat is started.  The file written
will be conf/auto/tomcat-apache.conf.

Cheers,
Larry