tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dahnke, Eric" <EDah...@nextsource.com>
Subject RE: How to run tomcat as service program in Win2k [[HELP]]
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:29:00 GMT

I've followed this thread and am still having no luck. Here's the situation.
The TC that comes with jwsdp is TC4.0b7. This release of TC doesn't include
a tomcat.exe file, so I grabbed one from the TC4.0.1 release. I then run
following from the cmd prompt.

"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe" -install Tomcat
"%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll" -Djava.class.path=
"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar"
-Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Xrs -start
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop -out
"%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log"

Response is:

The service was successfully installed.

Upon starting the service I get:

"Could not start the service on Local Computer. The service did not return
an error. This could be a Windows error or an internal service error."

the stderr.log file is created but is empty.

Anyone have any ideas? How can I further troubleshoot. Regards Eric