tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: ERROR 500
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:55:34 GMT

Ok,
let's see, according to the :
>Location: /database/servlet/DatabaseServlet

the fully qualified name of the servlet is
database.servlet.DatabaseServlet

as the /servlet/* path is mapped onto invoker servlet this may cause
problems(?).
to execute the servlet in that package / path you must have the URI
/servlet/database/servlet/DatabaseServlet

now I am only trying to make an educated guess on what is wrong.

it may have something to do with where you put your servlet, in the
web-application.
the path for servlets is : webapp/WEB-INF/classes/ so the path to your
servlet should be :

webapp/WEB-INF/classes/database/servlet/DataBaseServlet

or in the according path within a jarfile.

hope it helps
-reynir