tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Elizabeth Barham <>
Subject Newbie Q: IIS and Tomcat (on a different server)
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:22:36 GMT

I'm new to this list, new to Tomcat and new to Java. Please forgive me
if this question has been answered before or if it doesn't make much

When configuring Apache for UNIX to work with Tomcat, one may use
various modules. When setting up mod_webapp, one of the configuration
parameters was the host on which tomcat run - localhost. This most
likely is a normal thing, to run Tomcat and Apache on the same server.

I did a Google search and I did find a document describing how to set
up Tomcat to work with IIS *but* I did not see any mention of the
server on which Tomcat is running and I imagine that, again, it is
inferred that Tomcat is running on the same host as IIS.

My question is:

Is it possible (now) to run IIS on one server and have it forward
servlet, jsp, etc requests to Tomcat *running on a different server*?

A company I do work with runs a IIS webserver. I'm not overly fond of
ASP or Microsoft and would much rather my own servlets run on a UNIX
machine. Is this possible?

Thank you, Elizabeth

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>