tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ferguson, Brad - NA US HQ Delray" <BFergu...@mytravelco.com>
Subject RE: IIS and TC 4.03
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:22:22 GMT
I'm currently in the process of configuring IIS and Tomcat 4.03.  After
tinkering for a couple days I'm still receiving a 500 IIS error.  As with
the original sender I don't have a problem accessing Tomcat via port 8080.
I followed the AJP instructions supplied with Tomcat, and it successfully
created the auto folder under the conf directory but I still get the 500
error.

What are you thoughts?

-Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: Tarun Ramakrishna Elankath [mailto:elankath@fastmail.fm]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 2:54 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: IIS and TC 4.03

I managed to get Tomcat 4.03 + IIS working on my box (though it took
some tinkering around). I used the tomcat-iis documentation on the ajp
connector (in the configuration reference). Just follow it and ignore
the other howto's on the web (which are outdated).

At what point did you get stuck ?

Follow the documentation and add listeners at the Server and Virtual
Host level. Tomcat automatically generates a .reg file and a
uriworkermap.properties file in the conf/auto directory However a third
file 'workers.properties' is missing from the 4.03 distribution and you
need to get it from somewhere. You also ofcourse need to get the
redirector dll. Be sure that the file is renamed to
'isapi_redirect.dll' instead of 'isapi_redirector.dll' which is the file
available for download from the 4.03 bin directory.

I plan to write some wsh scripts or some software in about 2 weeks time
for easy integration for Tomcat with IIS. The process is unnecessarily
obtuse.

Hope that helps,
Tarun