tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rsud...@on.com
Subject Re: Re[2]: Starting Tomcat 4 as an NT service
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 19:55:40 GMT

Yes, thanks, but you're still not answering the questions I asked. I have
figured this much out for myself (and I have searched the archives extensively).
No one seems to know where the tomcat.exe program came from or is willing to
document it's usage. Like I said, if this is intended to be kept as a deep, dark
secret for some reason I would just like to know that. I have to say that I
spent considerable time chasing down useless references to the Tomcat 3.x way of
doing things with jk_nt_service.exe before I figured out for myself that this
doesn't really seem to be in vogue anymore. And I would also have to say that
there is a lot of misinformation floating around on this subject - which is why
you've probably answered it several times before. If there was a simple (and
accurate) HOWTO on installing Tomcat as an NT service in the 4.x documentation I
wouldn't be asking this question. If such documentation does exist, I'd just
like to know where it is.

Sorry for being a pain, but all I keep getting in answer to my questions are the
answers to somebody else's questions.

- Ram

Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> on 04/09/2002 03:24:24 PM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>; Please