tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Owens <sha...@portablehole.net>
Subject Security Propagation
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:28:28 GMT
I'm interfacing a servlet-based front end to an EJB back end (isn't
everybody?) using tomcat + jboss. My issue is that I need to
authenticate using my EJB security bean, but I want to associate the
resulting subject with the users session in tomcat (as if I had
performed container authentication). Are custom realms the ONLY way to
do this (ugh)? Is there any way to cache the subject in the session, and
just somehow associate it with the thread's security context (sounds
like this would be easier) when processing? I haven't found any good
docs on writing a custom realm, has anyone written any?

Any help/pointers/solutions will be appreciated. Thanks

-Jason