tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Janarthanan, Prasanna" <Prasanna-Janartha...@deshaw.com>
Subject doubt
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:09:17 GMT
hi ,

iam now trying to install tomcat 4.0

here iam able to install it. but in writing the context in tomcat server.xml
file there are small doubts.

i just modify path and docbase in the context element. coz thats what i know
present in tomcat 3.2.3 server.xml file.

when do this, i am able to browse the web application but when try for the
servlet i, it is giving page cannot be displayed or servlet exception ,
depeding up on the classpath i set.
please tell me what are the jar files i need to place in the classpath.

but now i have common/lib/servlet.jar and server/lib/catalina.jar in my
classpath . also i have CATALINA_HOME set to root dir of my tomcat 4.

comments and advices are welcome.

thanks
prassana