tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Cronin <...@13-colonies.com>
Subject RE: Re[2]: oci8 driver problem on Linux
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:19:47 GMT
For thin (type 4) Driver yes but for Type 2 (OCI)
you need the binary lib.

You need type 2 for ARRAYS

thanks for the info though.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew.Bate@sts.co.uk [mailto:Andrew.Bate@sts.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:35 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Re[2]: oci8 driver problem on Linux

    Tim Cronin <tim@13-colonies.com> wrote:-

       >All I saw on the oracle site was 8i oci driver for solaris
       >where are the linux drivers?

I think we downloaded the NT driver as NT is our main platform for
development.  I've got a RedHat7.2 server sat on my desk as well though and
the same classes12.zip works fine on that.

http://technet.oracle.com/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/content.html

Andrew

******
This message has been sent via the Internet. Internet communications
are not secure against interception or modification. Severn Trent
Systems therefore can not guarantee that this message has not been
modified in transit, and this message should not be viewed as
contractually binding.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received
this message in error please notify the sender and destroy your
copies of the message and any attached files.