tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Timlin, Bob" <>
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 17:13:25 GMT
I am using Tomcat 4.0.2 with Win2K and IIS 5.0 as an NT Service without any
difficulties.  There is a bug with NT services that you need to be aware of
on 3.2.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lecaros, Noel []
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 9:45 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'

Hi Arni,

Have you checked the tomcat logs in %TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\jvm.stderr (or
jvm.stdout)?  There also appears to be an issue with the
file (which you supply as a command-line parameter to jk_nt_service.exe) in
that the wrapper.jvm.options is not being properly read if left blank.  If
you're using JDK1.3.1 or higher, put wrapper.jvm.options=-Xrs.  It should
start properly.

I notice that you're using v3.2.4.  Any particular reason for sticking to
that version?  I am using v3.3.1 on Win2K with IIS.  Tomcat is also running
as a service.  If it's any help, I could post the detailed steps here for my
setup, or e-mail them direct to you.  In my opinion, v.3.3.x is the most
well-documented and well-supported version of Tomcat for Win2K.

You are right in that there are many documents (or rather, parts of
documents) to read in configuring Tomcat.  Not only that: given the numerous
versions of the software, it's practically essential to note down the
version number when asking for help.  Often, you'd have to search through
the mailing lists for resolution to a specific problem (assuming one

Hope this helps you, and if you have any questions, just ask it on this

Noel Lecaros