tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Huy K Dung" <hd...@lending4all.com>
Subject RE: losing session info with netscape 4.x
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 16:50:25 GMT
I am using Turbine 2.1 with velocity macro. Is there an equivalent of
encodeURL() in velocity macro?

I am not doing anything with cookies. Is session id automatically saved as a
cookie?

This is what I did:

session.setAttribute("name", value);

popup can't seem to retrieve correctly:

session.getAttribute("name");

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Larsen [mailto:larsen@qec.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 09:55 AM
To: Tomcat Users List; Huy K. Dung
Subject: Re: losing session info with netscape 4.x

To encode a URL with the session id, you call
HttpServletResponse.encodeURL()
or HttpServletResponse.encodeRedirectURL(). If the session id is being
stored
as a cookie, these methods will leave the URL unchanged. If cookies are
disabled, then these methods will embed the session id within the URL.

So if you have a jsp with javascript that opens a popup, your javascript
would be something like this:

popup = window.open("<%= response.encodeURL("popup.jsp") %>");

In your case, with cookies enabled, it doesn't seem likely that this
is your problem. But it's a necessary practice if you want to allow
users that don't accept cookies to access your site.

Jeff