tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PERIYANAN,VISWA (Non-HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <viswa_periya...@non.hp.com>
Subject mod_jk and load distribution among tomcat servers
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:21:20 GMT
Hi,
  I am using two tomcat severs load balanced by mod_jk(with apache).
  The load factor (as specified in the workers.properties) for the both the
tomcat servers are the equal.

  To test whether the load is being distributed equally, I sent
  100 requests to the apache server. The servlet code under both tomcat
being identical, I found that

  When the servlet to which the request is being sent responds quickly
  (less than few seconds), the number of request sent to both tomcat1
  and tomcat2 were equal (50 requests each).

  When the servlet take a longer time (say 3 minutes)
  to respond, the request distribution is not so equal (3 request for one
server and 97 for the other).
  I did a Thread.sleep(1000*60*3) to delay the response.

  Is there any way I can make the load balancer distribute the load equally
among the servers?

Thank you,
viswa.