tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Starting Tomcat 4 as an NT service
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 04:26:48 GMT
Well..., then you uninstalled a different service named "Apache
Tomcat".  If you installed it as "Apache Tomcat", that's great.  However,
if you copied the install script to the command line exactly as I wrote it,
then the service would have been named "Apache-Catalina".  So, you will
need to reference the name "Apache-Catalina" (quotes not necessary) to
uninstall that service.

BTW, before you try uninstalling the service, make sure you do a few things
first:

1. Stop the Apache-Catalina service
2. Close the Services applet.  I have seen that error and I believe it was
simply because I had that applet open.
3.  Not sure if this is necessary, but you might want to shut down Apache
if it has mod_jk running.  This is probably not necessary, though.  Just
thought I'd mention it to be safe.

It should work after that.

jake