tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Barth <thorsten.ba...@web-arts.de>
Subject Serving static content with Apache Webserver using mod_webapp (WARP) and mod_rewrite
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:31:14 GMT
Hello,

I found my solution for deploying webapps with mod_webapp and serving only
dynamic content directly with apache.

In my case, I wanted the document root level to be dynamic, so mounting my
app into a subdirectory didnĀ“t work for me.

So I wrote:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/static/(.*)$   /static/$1   [L]
RewriteRule ^/(.+)\.gif$     $1.gif    [L]
WebAppDeploy ROOT warpconn /

and - IT WORKS! Apache with active mod_rewrite seems to omit checking if
mod_webapp likes to serve the URL unless you specify [PT] in the flags of
the rewrite rule.

Hope it helps

Bye

--