tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gregg Pollack <Gr...@Gleagues.com>
Subject Redhat 7.1 Apache + Tomcat Issues
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 04:09:00 GMT
Please help me,

	I can not get apache to work with tomcat for the life of me, and I've read
through all the directions and many tutorials.  I have tomcat working
flawlessly independently of apache when I go to port 8080, but when ever I
try to get to tomcat through apache by calling up a JSP (index.jsp for
instance) I get a page cannot be found error from the browser and I get the
following error from tomcat:

2002-04-26 20:23:01 - Ctx() : Class not found: TOMCAT/JSP/index.jsp
2002-04-26 20:23:01 - Ctx() : Status code:404 request:R( + /index.jsp +
null) msg:null

I always get that.  And it's really weird, because my jsps are working
flawlessly independent of apache.

I'm using
Apache-1.3.23-11.i386.rpm
jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1-src.tar.gz

I compiled mod_jserv.so like all the tutorials said, put it in the
/var/lib/apache/ directory.
I put an Include in the httpd.conf which Includes the tomcat.conf file.
I restarted the computer a few times.  I don't know what's going wrong.

Instead of listing out the config files you can access my tomcat/conf
directory here:
http://gleagues.noxordo.com/conf/

A copy of my httpd.conf file can be found here:
http://gleagues.noxordo.com/httpd.conf

None of the log files are giving any significant data regarding other problems.

Please help, I'm so very close to smashing my head against this keyboard.

Thanks in advance.