tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gregg Pollack <>
Subject Redhat 7.1 Apache + Tomcat Issues
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 04:09:00 GMT
Please help me,

	I can not get apache to work with tomcat for the life of me, and I've read
through all the directions and many tutorials.  I have tomcat working
flawlessly independently of apache when I go to port 8080, but when ever I
try to get to tomcat through apache by calling up a JSP (index.jsp for
instance) I get a page cannot be found error from the browser and I get the
following error from tomcat:

2002-04-26 20:23:01 - Ctx() : Class not found: TOMCAT/JSP/index.jsp
2002-04-26 20:23:01 - Ctx() : Status code:404 request:R( + /index.jsp +
null) msg:null

I always get that.  And it's really weird, because my jsps are working
flawlessly independent of apache.

I'm using

I compiled like all the tutorials said, put it in the
/var/lib/apache/ directory.
I put an Include in the httpd.conf which Includes the tomcat.conf file.
I restarted the computer a few times.  I don't know what's going wrong.

Instead of listing out the config files you can access my tomcat/conf
directory here:

A copy of my httpd.conf file can be found here:

None of the log files are giving any significant data regarding other problems.

Please help, I'm so very close to smashing my head against this keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>