tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leonard Megliola <lmegl...@mminternet.com>
Subject Tomcat Locking Up, How to Debug?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:35:55 GMT

I'm currently using Tomcat 3.3.1 and have used a number of previous
releases where I have experienced the following problem.  Tomcat locks
up.  When it does this you cannot shut it down normally (must use 'killall
java'), and it will not respond to requests.  My intuition tells me it is a
deadlock condition in my code, but I'm not sure that would lock up all of
Tomcat if it is multi-threaded.

In any case, I have no clue how to start debugging this.  I mean, I have a
couple of ideas, but they don't seem very good.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Leonard