tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerome Moliere <moli...@viveo-montpellier.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring Tomcat
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:12:04 GMT
At 12:18 PM 4/11/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I made a search in the "Tomcat User List Archive" but for each message
>asking for some monitoring function in Tomcat, I didn't find any answer...
>Indeed, I would need a way to know about threads' managing

I'm unsure of truly understanding your question but I can advise you to
read about the servlets life cycle (in the servlets specification or in any
valuable resource as the book from Jason Hunter O'Reilly editions).

>  and what happens to received requests (are some of them delayed or even
> dropped ?),

you can use a dummy filter (if you use the 2.3 servlets API aka Tomcat 4
-catalina) which logs any filter, adds trace for incoming request, responses...

>  in order to tune up my configuration and to prevent any crash.

that is the point where I can't see any links with your question!!!

H.T.H

Jerome