tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sea...@halcyon.com
Subject Re: where to put config info
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:57:40 GMT

getInitParameter(someString) lets you access information in the web.xml
file. someString corresponds to the name of the param in the web.xml.

Note that there is are ServletContext and
ServletConfig implementations.

The ServletContext version could be used where you have values that
are shared across all of your servlets/jsps.

The ServletConfig allows you to have information that is specific to
a servlet or jsp.