tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Greg Munger <gjmli...@attbi.com>
Subject status mod_webapp.so
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 16:56:21 GMT

>The server works for a moment and eventually stops working.
>The restart fails with:
>(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 80
>First question: Where do I find the sources in order to recompile them?

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/src

to build  the module:
support/buildconfs.sh
configure --with-apxs
make

>Second question (probably a stupid one): How do I free port 80?

By default Apache will be using port 80 and Tomcat will be using 8080, and
the Apache-Tomcat connector will be on 8008. Do you have another webserver
running? Did you change one of these defaults?

>Third question: Is the way I'm doing this the recommended way to
>integrate Tomcat with the Apache web server?

That is what I am doing and it works for me. I do not know if it is the
best solution.

Greg

Greg Munger   -   219-926-7604    - Lake Point Interactive   -   www.lpiweb.com