tomcat-users mailing list archives

From eschnei...@tiaa-cref.org
Subject where to put config info
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 14:41:07 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to tomcat and was just wondering where other developers put
configuration key value pairs in there tomcat apps.

For example, if I wanted to read in a version number and display it on one
of my pages.  Or if my app connects to multiple databases.  Where could I
put the connection information?  Can you put that kind of stuff in the
web.xml file?  Are there built in conveniences to do this?

Cheers,
Eric.

TIAA-CREF