tomcat-users mailing list archives

From adrianthiele <adrianthi...@netzero.net>
Subject Re: Problem with Connectors - Urgent help required Please!!!
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:04:20 GMT
Raja Sekhar wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am very new to Apache & Tomcat. The configuration what I have is
>
>Redhat Linux 7.1
>Apache 1.3.23
>Tomcat 4.0.3.
>
>I have installed Apache & Tomcat successfully and they are running fine. Now the problem
is how to route the request from Apache to Tomcat. Please suggest me the best connector to
use. This should support SSL for me. I have configured Apache with mod-ssl for SSL. I have
a servlet on Tomcat which should be able to get these SSL Environment variables. So in such
scenarios, what connector can I use & please give a URL or procedure how to install this
connector.

>p.s : I read through the tomcat documentation or archives where I found your comments
on connectors. I am confused which one to use & as such I dont find any mod_jk packages
or native directories in my 4.0.3 binary installation. But all the documents which I get on
the internet site talk about how to configure mod_jk with Tomcat. Please help me out because
this is a urgent task for me.

>Thanks & Regards,
>
>..Raj
>

>Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account at http://www.eudoramail.com
>
>--

In Tomcat 4 the connectors have been moved to their own release
(jakarta-connectors*-src)
it contains mod_jk , mod_webapp , etc.. There is also binaries of the
mod_jk.so and webapp.so
available for linux.