tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Ahten <pi...@pixelfreak.net>
Subject Re: Configuring Apache 2.0.35 and TomCat 4 under WinXP Server
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:07:06 GMT
Frederick,

One thing i've found by trial and error is that most Tomcat and Apache
config files don't like paths with spaces in them. This is somewhat
confusing since the win32 installers create directories with spaces in
them by default.

You're probably much futher along than I am, but in my process of trying
to get Apache2 and Tomcat 4.x to work i've started using the following
directory structures...

d:/apache/http
d:/apache/tomcat4.x
d:/apache/ant
d:/apache/xml-xindice1.x

etc....

since the paths are shorter and do not include spaces, it has made
creating config files much easier and hopefully upgrades as well.

~Scott