tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken Anderson ...@pacific.net>
Subject Re: Starting Tomcat 4 as an NT service
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:48:11 GMT
On WinXP, I found I had to do
%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe -uninstall "Apache Tomcat"
To uninstall the Tomcat Service.

%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe -uninstall Apache-Catalina
gave me a cryptic error about "overlapped i/o in progress" and didn't
remove the service.

Ken

Jacob Kjome wrote:
> Hello rsudama,
>
> Just a note.  I've posted this answer twice before on this list.
> Please search the archives because it *has* been answered and I gave
> the solution in the email and didn't ask anyone to search anywhere for
> the answer.  Anyway, here it is again:
>
> I distilled the following from this article:
> http://www.webmasterbase.com/printTemplate.php?aid=305
>
> Assuming you have all your environment variables set, just copy+paste
> the following to a command line...
>

> To Install Catalina Service:
>
> %CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe -install Apache-Catalina %JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
-Djava.class.path=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar -Dcatalina.home=%CATALINA_HOME%
%CATALINA_OPTS% -Xrs -start org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start -stop org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
-params stop -out %CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log