tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John C Cartwright" <John.C.Cartwri...@noaa.gov>
Subject Oracle JDBC driver must be unpacked?
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:35:56 GMT
Hello All,

I'm migrating from Tomcat3.3 to Tomcat4.0.3 and having trouble with my
oracle connections.  With tomcat3.3, I simply put the oracle jar file
into WEB-INF/lib.  With Tomcat4, this doesn't work, complaining at
run-time about driver not found.  I've also tried putting the oracle.jar
into $CATALINA_HOME/lib and $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib.  The only way
that the servlet seems to find the driver is if I unpack the jar file
into WEB-INF/classes.

Can anyone explain what the problem might be?  As an aside, I'm not
convinced that any classes in WEB-INF/lib are being found.  There was
another class that the servlet complained could not be found until I
moved it jar file from WEB-INF to $CATALINA_HOME/lib.

Thanks for your help!

-- john