tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Tomcat + IBMJava/LinuxPPC -> out of memory
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:41:06 GMT
Hi all,

I have a Tomcat v4.0.1 installation that currently works 100% using the
Blackdown JDK v1.3.1 for LinuxPPC, however there is no JIT compiler for
this platform. I have given the IBMJava JDK v1.3.1 pSeries a try,
however this JDK bombs out on startup every time with the following
error:

**Out of memory, aborting**

*** panic: JVMST058: Cannot allocate memory in initGcHelpers(3)

I have tried all sorts of combinations of "-X" values I can think of,
with no difference - has anyone successfully managed to get this
combination to work?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon