tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pascal Forget <tomcat...@ubeans.com>
Subject Re: Which Apache-To-Tomcat Connector
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:54:49 GMT
Anthony W. Marino wrote:

>Any reason for using AJP14 over AJP13?
>And what about mod_webapp?

For starters, you could read http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat

One question you might want to ask yourself is wether you REALLY
need Apache forwarding requests to Tomcat.  Doing so is MUCH slower
than having the clients (web browsers) talking to Tomcat directly using the
HTTP connector.  With a little planning before you develop your
applications,
you can have Tomcat serve dynamic content on one IP address while Apache
serves static content on another IP address.

I am not saying that you should not use the connectors; there are many valid
reasons to use either mod_jk or mod_webapp to connect Apache to Tomcat.
I am just saying that you should evaluate your needs first.

Best Regards,

Pascal