tomcat-users mailing list archives

From fabio <>
Subject Re: java.library.path and database connection
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:43:19 GMT
Hello again,

    I've sent an email about the error

java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in

    Changed the JVM from 1.4 to 1.3.1 and things get going.

    Despite the happiness to see the database connection working, I want to
understand why it doesn't work with JVM 1.4. I think that perhaps this has
something to do with, but I can connect via an aplication, using JVM

    Anyone ?

    Thansk again,

fabio wrote:

> Hello,
>     I have a problem and I'm having a hard time to figure out what is going on.
>     Scenario: New machine. Solaris 2.8, all patches. J2SDK 1.4.0. Tomcat
> 4.0.3-LE-jdk1.4. DB2 7.1 (local, not db2client, but I think that it's not the
> problem; I can connect via Java applications).
>     I have several servlets on tomcat/webapps/some-dir/WEB-INF/classes. The DB2
> driver (db2java.jar) is on tomcat/classes/lib. When I try to execute anything
> (that connects to the database), I get the message:
> java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in
> java.library.path

stuff deleted.

Fabio Mengue - Centro de Computacao - Unicamp
"Quem se mata de trabalhar merece mesmo morrer." - Millor

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message