tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rob <rob_m...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Question about "Tomcat-Apache HOWTO"
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:39:15 GMT
Yeah, I recall this with 3.3 in some backwoods piece of documentation it
says that you have to start tomcat with startup.sh <some arg> to
generate the .conf file.  (maybe ajpconf) or ajpid or something can't
remember.  Anyway the generated file only ever contained something
similar to the following.

# start mod_jk.conf

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
   LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel emerg

JkMount /examples/* ajp13

#end mod_jk.conf

Obviously you'll have to adjust paths according to where your
${tomcat.home} and ${apache.home}/libexec are.

The workers.properties can be stolen out of one of the tomcat 3.3 binary
packages and munged to work also.

Lastly, the conf works with tomcat 3.3.x and I've also been using it
with 4.0.3.  If anyone has improvements don't be shy.

Rob