tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Aborg <daniel.ab...@netengines.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.3 hangs when removing web application.
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:45:08 GMT
Daniel Aborg wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade to JBoss 2.4 with Tomcat 4. Unfortunately, I've
> encountered a rather fatal problem: When Tomcat is asked to remove our
> web application, i.e. for redeploying it or when shutting down, it hangs
> with the following message:
>
> StandardWrapper[/<context>:<servlet>]: Waiting for 1 instance(s) to be
> deallocated

Here is a simple example which reproduces this behaviour:

--------------->8---------------
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;

public class TestServlet extends HttpServlet
{
	public void destroy()
	{
		System.out.println("destroy()");

		synchronized (this)
		{
			notifyAll();
		}
	}

	public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
	{
		System.out.println("doGet()");

		synchronized (this)
		{
			try
			{
				wait();
			}
			catch (InterruptedException iex) {}
		}
	}
}

In my eyes, this should work without any problems. (It does work just
fine in Tomcat 3.2.2.)

Thanks!

/D

--