tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ismael Blesa Part" <ibl...@tissat.es>
Subject [Fwd: tomcat 4.0.3 shares the sessions between the same app on a http and https instance]
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:18:25 GMT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: tomcat 4.0.3 shares the sessions between the same app on a http
and https instance
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:22:18 +0200
From: Ismael <iblesa@tissat.es>
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org

I have tested my webapp with last tomcat 4.0.3. I have uncommented the
ssl section and I have installed my webapp putting the app.war file on
the webapps folder.

My apps has a load-on-startup section that initializes the db connection
and shows the progress on the console, before tomcat 4.0.3 I got an
initialization per server (one for http and another one for https), but
with tomcat 4.0.3 I only gets one for the two connectors (http & https)

I think the servlet context is shared between http and https. I thought
that only orionserver supported this.
Is this a bug ?
Is there a way to make 4.0.3 work as the previous versions (that is
without sharing the webcontext) ?
Is this behavious defined on the standard ?