tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Aborg <daniel.ab...@netengines.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0.3 hangs when removing web application.
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 08:38:42 GMT
lsmith@emergent-netsolutions.com wrote:
> Any servlet that Tomcat creates Tomcat will send a destroy
> to. If you start any threads or singletons from that servlet
> you need to pass the destroy onto them you're self.
Thanks Lance.

I neglected to mention that Tomcat DOES send the destroy - it just sends
it after the servlet has relinquished all of its connections. If the
servlet got the destroy before its connections had been closed, it could
close the connections at that point and everything would be fine. Is it
possible to get this behaviour?

Thanks!

/D

--