tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Garrison <...@athensgroup.com>
Subject IIS Redirector & Authentication
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:02:51 GMT
I've scanned the archives and found several discussions about
IIS authentication vs Tomcat, but nothing seems to apply to my
situation.

I have IIS configured as described in other messages, where
IIS does not do any authentication.  When I try to access a
JSP through IIS the request gets transmitted to Tomcat without
prompting for authentication, but Tomcat rejects it with
the following:

 > Apache Tomcat/4.0.2 - HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied
 > type Status report
 > message Access to the requested resource has been denied
 > description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has been
denied) has been forbidden.

IIS communicates with Tomcat over ajp13, and I've examined the traffic with
a packet sniffer.  There are only two packets transmitted.  One from
IIS to Tomcat containing the request, and the 403 result page back from
Tomcat to IIS.

The Tomcat log for the interaction says "Already Authenticated {}" with
no other explanation.  Any ideas?

--
James Garrison                                Athens Group, Inc.
mailto:jhg@athensgroup.com                    5608 Parkcrest Dr