tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kavanagh <...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: Monitoring Tomcat
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:18:25 GMT
I know it is not what you had in mind, but I wrote this servlet to allow
me to ping it to see if tomcat was still up. With 3.2.x (which we still
run on our production server), it would crash once every month or two
and I needed to be able to check for that (my script pages me if it is
down). I have a scripted telnet thing to issue an http get to my ping
servlet url.

David

Pauline Cantaloup wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I made a search in the "Tomcat User List Archive" but for each message asking for some
monitoring function in Tomcat, I didn't find any answer...
>Indeed, I would need a way to know about threads' managing and what happens to received
requests (are some of them delayed or even dropped ?), in order to tune up my configuration
and to prevent any crash. How to know if Tomcat's developpers already talked about such a
thing, and above all, how to know what they said about this - I mean, do they think it's a
useless function, or do they think it could be usefull but not enough to waste time on this
now, etc. ?