tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rick Roberts <techi...@ait-web.com>
Subject Re: Session already invalidated
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:32:59 GMT
I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me.

If you are wondering if the monitor bean works, the answer is yes it does.

If I do what you suggest:

// Got user.  Do they already have a session?
if ( !monitor.containsKey(user) ){
   // There's _NOT_ an old session for this user - invalidate it
   HttpSession oldSession = (HttpSession)monitor.get(user);
   oldSession.invalidate();
}

Then, I get:
java.lang.NullPointerException
  at checkLogin_1._jspService(checkLogin_1.java:135)

at "oldSession.invalidate()"

It seems that when tomcat tries to invalidate() a session.  I get an
error that says the session is already invalidated.  But, I know the
session is not already invalidated.

Is this a tomcat bug?

Thanks,

Rick