tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott C Strecker <strec...@sgi.com>
Subject Shared class access.
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 21:13:51 GMT
After looking through the archives I still was not able to answer my
question.

I am using JNI/shared libraries as part of my Webapp.  I am running
Tomcat 4.0.3 on JDK1.3.1.  I put my class to be shared in the
$CATALINA_HOME/class directory are restarted the Tomcat server. The
error I am getting is a java.lang.IllegalAccessError.

I must be missing something basic here. Is it not the case that the
shared classloader brings all classes/jars in then $CATALINA_HOME/class
and $CATALINA_HOME/lib into my Web application space?

Help Please.

Scott Strecker
Chippewa Falls WI.